Saturday, April 14, 2007

Probably last post on Duke Lacrosse -- Full disclosure

I would like to disclose a few context items in case someone questions why I have now posted 4+ times on Duke lacrosse. . .

  • I really dislike Duke; I am a fan of UNC basketball (even though I live 1800 miles away. . .


  • I am not a lacrosse fan


  • I know no one involved in the case


  • I have no ill feelings towards the girl. I have never done an internet search to read any of the trash posted about her; I think those postings were wrong.


  • I am deeply upset by our media, legal system, and society "rushing to judgment" in cases like this. Meantime, real people are having their lives destroyed by the process


  • I am convinced that the "court of public opinion" is missing a critical branch for people to "get their good name back." We have "professional apologists" (sorry, I meant PR people) for celebrities and sports figures that run afoul of the law, but no ability to say to these players, and their families: we were wrong! We're sorry. How can we make it right?
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home