Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Organization and Prioritization

Not shooting Hockey tonight.


I had an opportunity to shoot hockey tonight. But I passed. Instead I am taking my wife out for supper for her birthday. In the past, I have let my job(s) interfere too much with my family life. For example, I spend my 10th wedding anniversary at the office because it was 12/31/1999 and I wanted to be on-hand in case anything happened to our systems. It is now five years later and I still hear about regularly. I have commitments to work and things that need to get done. But I have also canceled too many vacations, nights out, and other plans for work. My “New Years' Resolution” for the last three years has been to live smarter. I am focusing on planning better, scheduling better, and doing everything possible to resolve issues and changes in a way that don't impact on my family. My wife and son deserve it.


Oh, one more thing. Emergencies do happen. So when all attempts at planning fail, I have found that frustration on my part only makes it work. Communicate with your family and friends, get the problem fixed, and then figure out what to do special to make up for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home