Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Maybe Fred IS onto Something! Blogging Cards

Fred On Something

"I will start using this card when I will go to India in 2 months. I will not have any permanent address or phone numbers. The only permanent thing I know that I will have is this domain name. This card will be good for years, as long as I pay 9$ per years to keep the domain name.

Why using that card? Nowadays, what is important is the development of our social and relation network. This card is a way to aggregate new nodes to my network. People to whom I will leave that “blogging card” will be able to know where I am, what I am working on and will be able to contact me anytime, independent of where I am in the world. These little informative cards can be seen as paper link to this website. I think that website can become the core node of my professional, social and relation network.

Why do I use the name “Blogging Cards”? For what “blogging” signify to me. This is not just a Business card, it is much more. If I give it to someone, it is because I hope to keep a contact with him, not only a business contact, but a social and professional one. It is why I call it a “Blogging Card”, because blogging is a social activity, an activity of socialization, of knowledge sharing and ideas exploration. If I give that card to someone, it is because I wish to redirect him into that place, to discuss and share that knowledge and these ideas."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home