Thursday, December 08, 2005

Art Stix

I picked up two samples of PrismaColor Art Stix last week; today I picked up a 12 color set. Basically, they are colored pencils without the wood. They are rectangular pieces of pure color pencil. They are clean to the touch, but you can use the sides or ends to apply the color. You can use it on its side to quickly apply color to large areas. They can be used for base coats, to cover large areas, etc. They can also be used with the ends to add broad strokes. The prismacolor line includes Verithin pencils which are great for outlining and adding very thin lines (whiskers, veins in leaves, etc.), regular color pencils that spread color smoothly and come in a wide range of colors, and the Art Stix for broad areas. I am slowly building my selection. Colored pencil is a medium I enjoy, and PrismaColor is quickly becoming my preferred tools.

Tags

Color_Pencil
PrismaColor

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home