Sunday, August 27, 2006

Kelly James Heyer

My morning run has been delayed by CNN coverage of news conferences. My cousin, Kelly James Heyer was a member of the crew of Delta 5191 operated by Comair that crashed immediately after take-off this morning in Lexington KY. At this point, the reports are of only one survivor who is in critical condition.

I am at a loss for many words right now, other than to say that Kelly is a beautiful person and my heart is heavy. This morning I will run with a heavy heart and think about last Christmas; the last time I got a chance to spend any extended time talking to Kelly.

I saw Kelly's parents yesterday, and I can only imagine the grief and concern that they feel. They are leaving for Lexington shortly and my thoughts, prayers, and love go with them.

3 Comments:

At 1:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went to High School with Kelly, though i was a couple of years younger than him, i remember him well. I also went to the same church as he and his family for many years. you are all in my thoughts and prayers as you mourn his loss.

Peace,
Jenna

 
At 7:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew Kelly from our days back in Eau Claire. I worked with Kelly at the airport. When things were slow, we would sit out on the curb most of the night talking.

Kelly was an great guy. The last time I saw him was his last day at Northwest. He was so excited for his new job and the travel that it involved.

I just wanted to let you and your family know that you are all in my prayers.

 
At 1:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a retired Delta employee and I offer my deepest sympathies to the family of Kelly. I feel I know a little about his life just from reading the blogs that have mentioned him. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home