Thursday, November 09, 2006

Ed Bradley , dead of Luekemia at age 65

I just found out that Ed Bradley has passed away:


Ed Bradley, the longtime “60 Minutes” correspondent who passed away Thursday, was all those things and more. But he had one more quality few journalists have: He was cool.

Bradley was one of the first African-American journalists to break into the top tier of broadcast journalism. For that, and for his many other accomplishments, he will be long remembered.

But it’s hard not to also think of him as one of the coolest news guys who ever graced our TV screens.

Link


He was much more than Cool. He was wounded in Cambodia, he had the only TV interview of Tim McVeigh, he won 19 emmys, and was a champion of truth and justice. I will miss him.

It is especially hard to hear of this passing was due to Leukemia. My father died of Leukemia 37 years ago. It is a disease that I would like to see defeated. I plan on running a marathon in the next 18 months to raise money for Luekemia research via Team in training; I just need to fit it into my work and current travel schedule. At that time, you will be hearing alot from me about donations. But do what I am doing; write a check "in memory of Ed" and mail it tonight. It's the cool thing to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home