Thursday, December 08, 2005

Moleskine

I was going through my drawer in the office at home the other day and I realized that I have filled 4 moleskine pocket journals in the last two years. Number five was started two months ago (9/11/05) and it is already over half-full. A few more moleskine hacks:

o Pen – I have started using the Sakura Pigma Micron 005 pens. It is extremely thin lines (0.20mm), archival ink, waterproof, with no bleedthrough. It has become the ONLY pen I will use in my Moleskine (around $2 at an art supply store).

o Post-it notes. I stick an assortment of blank post-it notes (3 to 10 of each type) on the inside of the front cover and the back of the first page (behind the “In case of loss. . .” page). This includes varied sizes and colors. I include some tape flags to mark pages and also include some of the new 3”x5” post-it index cards. Refill as I use them.

o Draw in the moleskine. I have started carrying a leadholder pencil and a small assortment of colored pencils with me and I sketch pictures into my moleskine while waiting for lunch to be served or during other wait times. This serves two purposes: the pictures add nicely to the words around them and the “stolen” chance to get in a bit of drawing keeps me sane when work is at its busiest.

Links:

Moleskine US Store
Moleskinerie
Moleskine Hacks from 43Folders

Tags

Moleskine
Journal

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home