Monday, July 18, 2005

IBM makes it to 2001 by 2005 -- No HAL Jokes

On Demand Business : Blogs : Todd Watson: "Here's the deal: I'm your new IBM blogger. I know your purchase order didn't mention anything about getting a blogger, but one of our recent market research studies indicated that you wanted one, and I happened to be standing in a hallway in Armonk with a red target painted on my forehead.

So, I'm it. Nice to meet you, virtually speaking. Of course, there will be plenty more where I came from. (Actually, there are already are on other parts of the IBM Web...I'm just the first blogger on this particular area of our Web site. Over time, I'll be pointing you to other, more knowledgeable bloggers in given topic areas).

Remember, this is IBM: We travel in large packs. ; ) I'm just here to help get the conversation going.

As for my day job, you can read my bio above, and I'll likely be writing more about what I do at IBM here in future posts. However, I keep pretty current on the Blogosphere, and the average life expectancy of the corporate blogger has recently dwindled close to that of the average fruit fly. I figure that now that I've started blogging, I'm out of here within the next few hours. "


Better late than never. And I understand the caution given the large corporate culture and is not sure if it is ready for this. . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home