Thursday, December 08, 2005

Renaissance Art Sketchbook

Renaissance Art Sketchbook

I recently came across a reference to this website (forgot where, but I am deeply indebted to someone). I went to the site and was just blown away by the large leather sketchbook. Here is the site's description:

Whether writing long verse or capturing snow-capped mountain peaks in watercolor, the acid-free artist quality paper in our refills will textually add to your creative experience. Poets and Artists need large pages to make their inspiration and concepts tangible, and the long 9 x 12 pages of our Artists and Poets Refillable Journal fit the bill. As your creativity expands, each volume may be retired but the supple leather cover will grow to be like an old friend. The hand-torn, hand-stitched refills slide easily into pockets inside the cover, and we stitch an extra pocket for loose papers, pens, or brushes.


Got one for myself and one for Paige. Had them customized with our names and added the carry bags. I used mine for the first time to do an oil pastel picture of a Chianti winery from Tuscany. I love the way the paper takes the pigment, and I love showing the book and its contents. I have now done a half-dozen works.

Paper is thick enough for travel watercolor but will also work great for charcoal, color pencils, graphite, as well as oil pastels.

I also would like this beauty! Link

Renaissance Art Website

Tags

Art
Journal
Sketchbook

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home