Sunday, June 05, 2005

GTD and Colors

I have read quite a few blogs and posting on GTD , but I have seen few that deal with color. I have implemented use of color in my system on an informal basis and I am working to improve and expand its use.

I have three fountain pens in my pocket (green ink, red ink, blue ink). I take notes in green, use the red for to-do's, and the blue for outside thoughts or things to think about.

I also have a small zipper bag with gel pens in 10-12 different colors, and a second bag with the same range of highlighters. I use tape flags in 5-8 colors and post-it notes in multiple colors also.

Tony Buzan in The Mind Map Book reminds us that “Colour is one of the most powerful tools for enhancing memory and creativity.”

GTD is all about writing things down so you can review them and find them. My recommended addition is to remember to use colors to make this easier. Don't use my system for colors; use what works for you. Just do it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home