Saturday, April 30, 2005

Levenger Circa and GTD

Bit of a quick love story here: I love Levenger and their products.

About two months ago, I picked up a Circa notebook and punch. These are fantastic. Basically, I have a professional looking notebook that I can add, move, or remove pages at ease. It travels well, keeps everything organized, and keeps me more productive.

Here are a few hacks:

1. Don’t order the plastic tab dividers; they take too much space. I made my own by printing some of my pictures on card stock and using Post-it Durable Index Tabs for labels.

2. Immediately order the larger discs. The discs that come with the notebooks hold about 60-80 pages. Get the largest discs so you can keep everything in one notebook.

3. Pick up some high quality paper from a supply super store. I have preprinted forms for both my day job and my photography business. I have the logo on the top, along with my name and email address. I have forms with grids, with open spaces, and with lines for different situations. I can use a sheet for notes, then remove it from the notebook and file. I also can write on a sheet and give it to someone I am meeting with; the contact information on top serves the place of a business card.

4. Rollabind invented the original system. Their website has plastic sheets that hold 3x5 pictures. I don’t print 3x5 pictures, but I use 3x5 cards for the basis of my GTD system and the sheets work perfect.

More to come. . .


1 Comments:

At 3:14 PM, Blogger Jon Pappas said...

Marc - thanks for the great tips about not buying the Circa plastic tabs and using your contact info. on the pages to give to clients.

You said 3x5 cards are the basis of your GTD system. Can you please explain further how you use 3x5 cards and the sheets from Rolla Bind?

Thanks very much.
Jon Pappas
pappas_jon@yahoo.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home