Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Internet Research Toolbox

Now that I use the Internet heavily for research for both of my jobs, I am also seeking the nirvana of the perfect set tools to accomplish my needs. Here is what I currently use:

o Firefox browser with multiple tabs. In fact, rather than a homepage, I use a group of tabs. I also have bookmark bar java applets installed for “Blog this to Blogger”, “Pop-up post to del.icio.us”, “Sub with Bloglines”, and “Technorati This” (show who else subscribes to this page).

o Technorati defined searches with RSS feeds.

o Google Alerts sent to Gmail account.

o Bloglines to track blogs and RSS feeds. Items are broken down into multiple folders by job and/or project. All Technorati RSS feeds are reviewed via Bloglines.

o I have a couple of blogs from free blog services that are not publicly published. I use them for notes, links, thoughts, list, and other data for later review.

o Backpack with pages for projects that I am working on. Again, I use for notes, links, thoughts, lists, and other data for later review.

o Del.icio.us to track links to web pages for further review.

I just started examining Feedster and Blogpulse to see how they integrate into my workflow.

I am always open to suggestions on how to make my toolbox better! Any comments?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home