Sunday, June 05, 2005

Audio Book

As anyone who knows me knows, I love books. I read all the time. I also have taken to Audio Books for long drives, plane flights, etc. The only problem was cost (which got much larger when I moved from a 1992 Honda with tape player to a 2002 Honda with CD player!)


I realize that this is not new to most, but I finally got it. It started last week when the Levenger web site had a posting recommending Audible. I spent time researching their service, but the key issue was their books would not play on my Dell Jukebox. Dell does not support the rights management tools that Audible encodes their downloaded files with. Perhaps I am the only one without an iPod, but I really like my Dell player!


Today, I saw a posting in LifeHacker today on how to get the most out of audio books. One thing lead to another and I found a site that highly recommended Simply Audiobooks . I decided to take the plunge with a 15 day trial on a $24.95 per month membership. The first two books are shipping now (David Allen's: GTD “Getting Things Done” and “Ready for Anything.”)


Watch here for a review of my experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home