Friday, June 10, 2005

Travel

Up this morning at 5am and on the road by 6am. Had rain much of the way and also some construction that made a few parts a bit "interesting". In fact the drive almost ended before it really started as I had to brake and swerve to avoid a deer about 20 miles into the drive.

Then a board meeting. Now, I have reported to the board every month since 1995; I have only missed two meetings. Content and agenda was routine, but these meetings always require high concentration levels which seem to sap my energy more than a heavy workout.

It is also hot, muggy, and cloudy in Minneapolis. When I got done with my meeting, I had a two hour break, but my room was not ready! Again, hotels doing what works for their policy rather than help us with our needs. Finally got checked in and by the time I got my clothes put away and the laptop out to test the high speed internet (free!!!!), it was finally starting to get comfortable. Still have 15 minutes to enjoy it before the next thing on the schedule.

Adios!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home