Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Asheville River Arts District

I was impressed with the rich artist's community and art scene in Asheville, NC. One place I really liked was the River Arts District. This vibrant community is only a few blocks, but contains dozens of painters, glass blowers, writers, quilters, sculptors, woodcarvers, dancers, printmakers, furniture makers, and others. They styles range from traditional to avant garde.

Time your visit for the "Studio Strolls" which are held on the second full weekend every June and November. (Saturday and Sunday; 10am to 4pm).

I am a bit jealous that I live 1500 miles away; I would love to have access to renting a studio like this in a community of artists. It would be fantastic.


Technorati tags:

Asheville
Artist
Studio
Travel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home